View Single Post
Old 02-06-2008, 03:05   #49
shakermaker
God Member

Re: Getting More Than A bit Scary

It seems, through reading comments of our more experienced members, that the state we live in now has been a long time coming. Our strong state has been chipped away at over the years. I don't think there's any suitable quick fix for things like knife crime.

This country needs a complete blitz in terms of morals and values. The laws have become totalitarian and farcical. Bans, ASBOs, jailing parents, curfews, arrest quotas, positive discrimination et cetera won't make things better at all. They just create more tension, more anger and more violence.

Generations younger than myself are lost without guidance to adulthood. Blair & Brown's focus on targets have left them with a shoddy education system that forgets education is more about raising young people than putting more examination passes on the OFSTED report.

Sorry to be grim, but I don't see a way out. None of the political parties offer anything solid upon which to rebuild our state. If only I could be in Downing Street and bang some heads together and bring about some realism. I fear for the future of Britain, I really do. No one trusts anyone, the media makes us all scared s***less of what's on our doorstep, the younger generations are being left to drag themselves up... it's heading towards anomie.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote