Old 02-06-2008, 08:17   #50
blazey
God Member

Re: Getting More Than A bit Scary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
Blazey...............put your gob in gear before responding to a lot of people
who have experienced over many years the changes that have occured,
The abolition,. through funding, of the Borstal System, Remand Homes, Mental Institutions...........Mental Patients are now being housed in prisons..........Is that right?
A hell of a lot of people in our society are not in a position to stop and think...........they are treat as criminals when they are mentally sick.
Many people do reoffend because they have not the mental capacity to do otherwise.
I think I suggested elsewhere the problem with the number of mentally ill people in prisons. I can't post the same thing in every thread, but if you use your mind to piece them together you might see my points.

However, I do contend that reoffending is due to mental illness. A VERY small percentage of prisoners in this country have committed serious offenses such as rape, murder, paedophilia etc. Most are petty thefts, muggings, people not paying their tv licences, benefit fraud. All of those can be linked with poverty. Which is funny, because I thought we had a party that was meant to be salvaging the working class from this so-called mess that the tory party left behind, but all I have heard today is tales about the knife culture not existing back then, and ways to fix the problems of our prisons that are overloaded with petty criminals, most of which committed their crimes due to the poverty labour are meant to solve, and they're getting worse, not better. Instead of helping them, we're just tagging them so we know where they are. It solves nothing.

I might not have lived during your entire life, but I can see when something needs to be done, and when it isn't being one regardless of the number of promises made by this so-called working class party. They're DETRIMENTAL to the working class people, yet they still manage to make you think it's all in favour of the working class.

Why would anyone in their right mind vote Labour, when they're clearly doing absolutely nothing good for the working class? I don't understand it at all, because I just can't think of a reason for it other than people simply ENJOY having things to complain about. What would you all be talking about if there were no stabbings, rapes, wars, terrorist attacks etc? You'd be BORED without the chavs stabbing each other over their dinner money.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote