View Single Post
Old 02-06-2008, 13:39   #56
polly

Re: Getting More Than A bit Scary

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
seems to me the various police authorities need to take a good look at their hiring practises,get away from all quotas , what use in Gods name is a 5' 0" tall, overwieght Albainan lactose intolerant lesbian PC ? .....and the all others who have been hired so they reflect local communities ....
Think it would be best for all if the Police did their hiring from amongst the men and women who have finished their terms in the armed services , maybe offer them a decent hiring bonus, or a county council financed low interest mortage, these are the folks you want on the front line on streets ,not some jumped up ex-security guard whose last job allowed him to wear carpet slippers to work .
The majority of ex forces personnel are the last people we need in our police force. They are too used to being ordered around not having too think for themselves and have no idea of the world these kids come from. Also they themselves are from a social grouping that tends to idolise alcohol and thuggery which is the last thigs these kids should be exposed to.

Myself I would propose that the police force recruits ordinary people who have successfully brought up children of their own and allow them to use their instinctive powers of judgememnt. When you have had had children you just know whi9ch are the really bad ones, which have been lead astray and which have parents who are a waste of space. This can not be learn t in any Army.
polly is offline   Reply With Quote