View Single Post
Old 02-06-2008, 14:32   #57
Royboy39
God Member

Re: Getting More Than A bit Scary

Quote:
Originally Posted by polly View Post
The majority of ex forces personnel are the last people we need in our police force. They are too used to being ordered around not having too think for themselves and have no idea of the world these kids come from. Also they themselves are from a social grouping that tends to idolise alcohol and thuggery which is the last thigs these kids should be exposed to.

Myself I would propose that the police force recruits ordinary people who have successfully brought up children of their own and allow them to use their instinctive powers of judgememnt. When you have had had children you just know whi9ch are the really bad ones, which have been lead astray and which have parents who are a waste of space. This can not be learn t in any Army.
Sorry Polly but that is absolute rubbish.

Today's Armed Forces are taught trades which are mostly high tech, away from the short back and sides brigade of yesteryear.
Almost all of our servicemen on active service will have been taught policing skills which are used to great effect in everyday life and death situations.
There may be one or two 'bad apples' who do go over the top on nights out, but they are identified very quickly and shown the door.
The art of policing is to know the enemy. be it yobs, terrorists, muggers or opposing armed enemies.
I have been employed by MOD as a serviceman, and have employed ex servicemen over the years. I would have no hesitation whatsoever of hiring ex servicemen.
To suggest that these men and women can be bracketed in the terms that you put forward, is outrageous in the extreme.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote