View Single Post
Old 02-06-2008, 19:44   #37
derekgas
God Member

Re: Punishing the Parents.

Deja vu!! Seem to remember a thread that was similar to this, also remember posting into this thread, but cant find it now. Imprisoning the parents is not the answer, Polly, I disagreed with some of your thoughts in the other thread, because I have 2 adopted children who have behavioural problems, time past they would have had a slap (it didnt do my other grown up kids any harm, and they havnt been in much trouble), but since I am not allowed to smack them, punishment is limited, and let me tell you, without reservation, the smack worked!! Any other punishment has a lesser immediate or lasting effect, my elder kids also had a healthy fear of the law, but my younguns wont, none of them had, or will have any fear of anybody at school as I did, the law needs to be changed, and the police, parents and teachers need to be given back some authority, THEN jail the parents who's children constantly misbehave or break the law.