View Single Post
Old 03-06-2008, 00:23   #5
BERNADETTE
God Member

Re: Problems With Internet Connection

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
teh mid is a faster speed, what happens is that for teh first couple of weeks the router is trying to work out how fast it can connect to the exchange. It does take a couple of weeks to settle properly. One hint/tip is to turn it off at a quiet time and turn it on at about 7:30 pm. the priciple is that if you connect when its busiest then the signal/noise raio is at its worst. then when it gets better its always working 'in hand'. if you connect when its quiet it connects at a faster rate but teh noise that comes online in teh evenings upsets it.
Won't be using it much for next few days but do hope to be able use it when I can, surely I should have been told about the change over. It has cost me a few bob in phone calls. At the end of the day without all the ins and outs I am paying them for a service they are not providing and it is wrong. Went through all the settle the router down period when I first got connected to Sky and put up with it but don't see why I should have my service disrupted again. Hope you can see my point of view Entwisi, jiust a bit naffed off with it now