View Single Post
Old 03-06-2008, 04:21   #42
polly

Re: Punishing the Parents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
thats the problem polly theres no bloody respect, n thats down to lack of deterant.
No there isnt any respect but physical violence alone wont bring it back.
People have to trust the law, the legal system and children need to trust their parents
The law should act as a deterant but it cant do that if it just works on a bullying system.

Again back to school I would never never think of hitting a child but then I would never put myself in a situation that I needed to hit a pupil

At home although both my own children are now adults I think the punishments that most effective with them were............ I wsas going to say lack of privalages...................but upon reflection and based on what they have said as adults it was probably lack of attention, anger on my part resulting in their isolation.
The most memorable incident, retold recently by my youngest was when he had lied to us and was somewhere he shouldnt have been at a time that was totally unsuitable. I was so angry with him I just sent him to his room and said we would talk about it in the morning, not the reaction he was expecting. His attitude nowadays is that that experience was the worst punishment because he knew he had really upset me
so its back to respect, love and trust
polly is offline   Reply With Quote