View Single Post
Old 05-06-2008, 07:19   #56
Less
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Biker fuel protest

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post

mind you i spent my teenage years around bikers and soon learned that usualy whatever speed some biker claimed to be traveling should have about a third taken off to get you the speed they were ACTUALY traveling at.
When I was a teenager I had a motorbike, there was a lad that we knew claimed to have a large bike, (though we never saw it), when asked he would always say it's in for repair, he had a leather jacket with a poorly painted ace of spades on the back of it, he wanted us to call him 'Ace', we used to call him '99 splat', because whenever he turned up (on foot), he would tell us of his latest accident on some highly inappropriate stretch of road as he was attempting to do the ton, each tale was more ridiculous than the previous and he always finished them with,

"and just as I got to 99, splat! I would fall off my bike". He never had a mark on him.

I was knocked off a motorbike when I was only doing 15m.p.h. (according to theory one third of the speed should be taken off so I was actually doing 10m.p.h.),
a fractured leg and bruising to most of the body, so I would have thought someone doing 99m.p.h. on a regular basis should at least scrape their knee or lose a tooth, so perhaps 'Ace' was telling porkies?

I wonder has one of 'Ace's' descendants has started posting on accyweb?

Last edited by Less; 05-06-2008 at 07:27.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote