View Single Post
Old 06-06-2008, 14:53   #43
blazey
God Member

Re: Threat to the Department of Continuing Education

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
ah good to hear its got somewhere, a start anyway, might just learn some who reckon petitions are useless summat.
People think online petitions are useless because they are so often collected but not then pushed in front of the noses of those they're meant to be addressing. The chancellor and vice chancellor couldn't really ignore this as an issue when we have a thousand strong petition and we've been stood outside their major meetings in t-shirts making them look bad. (I put mine on after the photo lol because i'd only just arrived).

I also went along to the Union Council meetings to speak as I am actually a student that has been on one of their courses, so I can speak from the heart and I'm quite brave haha (those meetings are scary!)

I hope it is all worthwhile that's all. As the article says, 6 staff have left voluntarily, and the university says the 'widening participation' schemes wont be affected, but this is a lie because I know that at least one of those who have left coordinates the widening participation scheme that I was on, and now they have lost her.

Shame really, but the university can only see one thing and that is the high profits they can make from the Management school and international students. For those who aren't aware of it, the management school is the best in the country, and has a massive interest from students all over the world, who's fee's are substantially higher than a student who lives in the country.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote