Thread: off license
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2008, 21:13   #15
tosh
Resting In Peace

Re: off license

Quote:
Originally Posted by g jones View Post
It's 21 says they have to appeal to the magistrates - which is what they have done, and up to the appeal they can serve. His shutters are still down. The network of residents is already aware and we are all gearing up up for Round 3.

I have lodged a complaint persuant of supplying false information at the review hearing which it is indicated, could be a criminal matter. We went through the names of the supporters and their addresses and crossed checked them with the electoral roll. Several were false e.g. A Mr Hibbitt lived at my house 69 Hodder Street and was in support of it staying open. Howard Bee, the Licensing Officer has welcomed the evidence and will investigate.

The problem is now is he may seem unlikely to regain his licence. So he may take the view he can break all the laws he wants to clear his stock as it's a dead duck. The appeal buying him time.

His own solicitor apologised for his client and admitted he had behaved disgracefully. Asif Javed tried then to transfer the license to two people at the back. When asked if they were relatives he confessed. Should have been a fresh application anyway.

I spoke with the police, grim faces all round.
thought you be in there graham gust hope they don't get to open
tosh is offline   Reply With Quote