View Single Post
Old 12-06-2008, 21:53   #46
Royboy39
God Member

Re: Trouble in the Tory ranks

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmonstanley View Post
theres more to this that meets the eye.this was another ploy to try and discredit gordon brown but its going to backfire big time .all they need is a victim of terrorism to stand as an independant and hes down and out because his seat has more traditional and right wing tory voters and it will just take one person to oust him put it this way there wont be any shortage of sponsors for the independant thats going to stand.people must know somebody is going to stand against him and why the liberals or labour are not going to stand against him so its going to be a 2 horse race and he will be humiliated.so really by people think he is being smart now will find out he is really stupid.
Ye........Just ask the commanding officer of the two lads who were killed in Afghanistan today what are his views?
I doubt if parents of other lads killed in Afghanistan or Iraq....they are victims of terrorism would stand.
The laws of the land as they are, are adequate to deal with threats from outside or internal interference....we as individuals may not grasp it..but deterants are in place to counter the threat.
The attempt by this government to increase the time of detention in my view...for what it is worth...is to show that the Government can satisfy the whims of the back benchers...who in the main havent got a clue..that they are in charge and a majority should be held on to at all costs.
I can see with this stance that a lot of Labour MP's will be on the dole come the next election.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web