View Single Post
Old 12-06-2008, 22:05   #47
cmonstanley
God Member

Re: Trouble in the Tory ranks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
Ye........Just ask the commanding officer of the two lads who were killed in Afghanistan today what are his views?
I doubt if parents of other lads killed in Afghanistan or Iraq....they are victims of terrorism would stand.
The laws of the land as they are, are adequate to deal with threats from outside or internal interference....we as individuals may not grasp it..but deterants are in place to counter the threat.
The attempt by this government to increase the time of detention in my view...for what it is worth...is to show that the Government can satisfy the whims of the back benchers...who in the main havent got a clue..that they are in charge and a majority should be held on to at all costs.
I can see with this stance that a lot of Labour MP's will be on the dole come the next election.
as they are serving military officers and are not allowed to stand by law i dont think they will.im just repeating the rumours that are going round westminster watch and learn politics..and as they are serving in afghanistan this is nothing to do with this bill.i dont think we should bring this into the thread as i think its offensive as my nephews regiment is in iraq .i know being in these countries is contributing to terrorism in this country but they would have found another excuse to bomb the **** out of us in this country..
cmonstanley is offline   Reply With Quote