View Single Post
Old 13-06-2008, 10:14   #8
AccyLass
God Member

Re: Does the team think

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
if they are self employed drivers and have to pay for their own fuel then i could understand it but if they are shell employees and dont have to pay for fuel then i dont see the problem

i have friends who are truck drivers both continental and inland and neither of them get anywhere close to £800 per week

dont forget not only do these drivers get a wage they get expenses and my friend for example dosnt have to touch his wage during the week as the expenses cover his living quite comfortably, some parking areas provide vouchers for free meals if you use their parking facility and various other perks including airmiles that they get when they fill up at petrol stations with the boss's money not theirs so i assume these shell drivers also know how to play the system and arnt as hard up as what they claim to be

£800 per week to drive a lorry and we pay nurses a quater of that , these truck drivers need a reality check , they arnt that important , shell should sack the lot of them and get some cheaper polish drivers
I just knew I wanted a new career path!