View Single Post
Old 13-06-2008, 19:07   #30
bullseyebarb

Re: The Price Of Oil !

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
$4.60 a gallon here for the cheap stuff , nearer to $5 on the other side of the Bay Bridge . Biggest problem we have on the west coast is that no off-shore drilling is allowed , most of the California and Oregon coast is classed as a "marine sanctuary" ........interesting point to note ...not one of the Rigs in the Gulf of Mexico had any 'spill' problems during Katrina

You have my sympathy.

I love nature....but the radical environmentalists don't want us to touch ANYTHING. They sue at every turn. And, of course, nuclear isn't an option for them either. It doesn't matter to them that there were no spills in the Gulf during Katrina or that technology is so improved now that you can extract oil in more environmentally sensitive ways. Their aim is to impede free enterprise and economic growth as much as possible.....especially in the U.S. And Congress sits in its little bubble, as per usual, oblivious to the hardships endured by those who actually make this country work.

However, Americans always get what they want and if it takes $4 a gallon gas to finally get their attention, I am all for it. I believe we are going to see some changes in the not too distant future or there is going to be hell to pay.

In the meantime, I shall be cheerfully adding to my so-called carbon footprint. Flying to NY State tomorrow and will be driving around up there for a while. Already have the next two trips booked for July and September. Whoo-hoo!
bullseyebarb is offline   Reply With Quote