View Single Post
Old 16-06-2008, 15:09   #71
jambutty
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Karma Award Scheme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Put forward as many propositions as you like, Roy owns the site, Roy decides the rules, you knew the rules when you came on and accepted them, so get over it or start your own site then you can make the rules.

Perhaps if you keep getting so called 'offensive' comments you should take a long slow look at yourself and ponder the thought, do I upset people?

It won't happen you can't force usernames because it's not in the rules, by the way have I mentioned who makes the rules?

That won't happen Roy is happy with the karma system the way it is so unless you are willing to tolerate life with karma then find a site that doesn't use karma.

Yes, it keeps Roy happy and keeping Roy happy means he will continue to spend time and money supporting accyweb.

I'm sure if you are really keen to get rid of karma you could dip your hand in your pocket and make him an offer he can't refuse. Put your money were your mouth is and buy him out, show him how it should be run.

I don't suppose that's going to happen anytime soon though is it?
Any member of any club or organisation is perfectly entitled to make a suggestion on how the club or organisation is run.

And yes I did know the rules before I joined and refreshed my memory on numerous occasions since. In particular:
Abusing Other Members
Abusing other members of this website is not allowed. Debates are welcome but must not become personal or target another member.

Insulting & Nasty Posts
Posts that are just insulting or nasty are not allowed on this website.

I accept that the rules do not specifically include Karma comments but the implication is there nonetheless.

Do I upset people? Probably but that is no excuse to get abusive etc. If people want to get upset because my counter points in a debate are more valid than theirs or my points clearly establish that their contribution is a load of cobblers, then that is their problem not mine.

If you actually read and understood the opening post you would have realised that I am not trying to force anything, just making a suggestion. But then as I have stated many times, why let the truth get in the way.

I am comforted to know that you can speak for Roy. I wonder if he is?