View Single Post
Old 16-06-2008, 15:55   #73
jambutty
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Karma Award Scheme

Why not Lilly. Are you so keen to sweep the whole issue under the carpet?

My point about nasty, spiteful, abusive and disgusting anonymous comments accompanying negative Karma is perfectly valid in a family orientated forum. They are water off a duck’s back to me but there could be some people who are much more sensitive.

With over 14,000 registered members, as a general rule it is the same three or four dozen people posting. Has no one ever wondered why so few? Could it possibly be that after reading the abuse many of the ‘missing’ members don’t fancy getting a dose of abuse and just don’t bother posting but prefer to just read.

Thanks for the character assessment Margaret Pilkington or should that be assassination, but you’ve got it totally wrong. An observation it may be but of fact – NEVER!

Yes! Let’s be adult lindsay ormerod and stop all this nastiness that abounds.

Much obliged for your contribution Royboy39 but this issue doesn’t upset me personally. I’m far too thick skinned for that. My concern is for those whom it might upset and they don’t fancy speaking up for fear of getting some more. If this happened in a school it would be called bullying.

My most recent light-hearted topic Margaret Pilkington was entitled Crop Circles. The one before that was about my back garden. However serious issues deserve serious responses and not just dismissed with a flippancy or facetious remarks that often prevail on this forum because the poster doesn’t have the knowledge to make a meaningful contribution to the thread. I have stated before that more often than not a perfectly serious issue is spoiled by facetious remarks and being dragged off topic.

If my memory serves me correctly Less (and I accept that I could be mistaken) I have only ever started one other thread about Karma. Now then Less, you are making the accusation so it is up to you to present the evidence.

Royboy39 – I’m surprised at you. Merging like topic threads is what I do as mod on the GoldenTalk forum, but then binning it. Are you advocating censorship? Surely not!

Less in his post #30
That won't happen Roy is happy with the karma system the way it is so unless you are willing to tolerate life with karma then find a site that doesn't use karma.

Less Post #54
Ignore Neil and stay, (At least until we get these teething problems with karma sorted out).

On the one hand your are trying to tell me go elsewhere and then less than 24 hours later you are suggesting that I stay.

Do make your mind up!

Finally the latest two awards are:
Karma Award Scheme - Shut up (anon)

Karma Award Scheme - You seem to get a bit of stick on here but you`re posts are quite interesting. (anon)

To the first my answer is a simple NO!

To the second I would say, what a pity that you didn’t sign it. Or maybe you were feared of being tarred with the same brush as me and the ‘clique’ would target you.

Last edited by jambutty; 16-06-2008 at 16:01.