View Single Post
Old 17-06-2008, 00:06   #32
blazey
God Member

Re: Sexual Health Clinics in school

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernie94 View Post
well you being a teenage girl yourself will know that if teenagers are going to have sex then they will find a way/place.you will also know that they dont take kindly to having there parents following them everywhere in your earlier post you seem to imply that it is the parents of these teenagers that are at fault.
No not at fault, it is just that things have changed. Parenting is much more laid back these days, idea of letting children make their own mistakes otherwise they wont learn and that type of thing. Not wrapping children in cotton wool.

I think children should be independent, and the fact that the government are allowing these clinics is a way of parents being able to let their children do that in the safest ways possible.

I know very few people who have been wrapped in cotton wool by their parents, but it is them who have ended up the most naive and gotten into worse situations because of it, so I don't think that at all.

I hope your daughter enjoys her pregnancy like any other mum to be, and it's brilliant that you are supporting her through it. The fact that she is keeping her baby to me shows maturity and strength, and it is commendable.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote