View Single Post
Old 17-06-2008, 07:48   #42
blazey
God Member

Re: Sexual Health Clinics in school

I think sex education must have changed over the times derek if you got taught about intercourse at 11 to the degree where you would think to experiment.

When I was 11 we were taught about the biology of men and women, and briefly how sex was the way babies were produced. Scientific diagram of them going together, that's it.

Girls taught seperately to boys. Boys taught about ejaculation, condoms, girls taught about periods and condoms. Nothing associated with sex happened until high school and even then it was just touching outside of clothes.

Think most experimenting started around the age of 14, but it was because of the fact that some people where allowed house parties when their parents went away and there was alcohol present.

Taught sex ed a second time in a biology lesson at the age of 13, again it was briefly about the organs, nothing more.

This is why I blame the changing of parental attitudes and society in general. It might not be that you are feckless about what your ids are doing, but someones parents are letting their kids get away with it by allowing them to have free reign whilst they go away for the weekend or whatever. This is based on observing these things happening, not just a sociological guess. If you don't want to believe the only teenager who has replied to this thread about these observations then as far as I am concerned it just proves the point that the so-called responsible adults are just looking for something else to blame instead of facing the truth. I'm sure Emma, being not much older than me, will agree that a lot of it stems from house parties and alcohol, because I don't believe times have changed that much in the couple of years between us.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote