View Single Post
Old 17-06-2008, 08:16   #43
flashy
God Member

Re: Sexual Health Clinics in school

and my own personal opinion is......

i think its an excellent idea, simple as that, if it stops std's spreading then its fine by me, kids are having sex younger and younger nowadays, if they become aware of 'what they may catch' then to me thats a positive thing....i think girls/boys give in to peer pressure at such a young age and want to try and act older, this is going to sound so stupid but does a girl at 12/13/14 actually know ALL the facts of life? does she know about aids and std's, pregnancy and abortion? i think the word nieve springs to mind with kids of this age, Reece is nearly 12 and he already knows quite a bit about 'the facts' i've already told him about condoms and why its important to use them, when it comes to it the kids arent going to say 'i'm planning on having sex tonight mum can i have some money for some condoms' now are they? i know we dont like to think like this about our kids but unfortunately its a fact, its going to happen sooner or later and i'd rather my child know about it now...than never

Last edited by flashy; 17-06-2008 at 08:25.
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote