Thread: Real Ale
View Single Post
Old 20-06-2008, 14:09   #8
polly

Re: Real Ale

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
Strange that this topic has come up because a fellow accywebber and I were discussing this last night. It is the real ale festival at the university at the moment but I haven't got any money to go.

I like the dark ones, but I like the blondes too... so I can't really pick! I had a pint of Wadworth JCB the other night in my local which was really nice and hoppy. Had a pint at the real ale festival last month called Demon that was 12% and I was suddenly feeling like the only drunk person in the room

Favourite is quite probably directors at the moment as its on the guest pump in my college bar which cheered me up! Jennings do a nice bitter on pump too that was on down the local the other week but they were out of it last time I went in

Of course Thwaites brew Lancaster Bomber, I assume they must do others, but that is the one that comes straight to mind. I think there is a big brewery in Cumbria too?

The local pub know me as 'that lass that drinks the bitter' lol. Apparently it's odd to find a woman drinking pints of bitter?!
Student life must have changed a lot if it is now considered odd for females to drink bitter!!

One fot he things I miss most since having to give up foods with gluten (wheat) in them is a good pint of real ale. I always loved all the Moorhouses beers
polly is offline   Reply With Quote