View Single Post
Old 22-06-2008, 23:45   #47
steeljack
God Member

Re: Support For Migrants

Quote:
Originally Posted by polly View Post
In my experience many of our workers, request to work Sunday, particularly those with family responsibilities like to work on Sundays as this is the only day of the week when they do not have to pay for expensive childcare.

Sorry to disagree with you on this , but I think your answer is a crock , and spoken like a true Tory taskmaster of old , granted some people have to work over a 7 day spread, police , fire etc.
The only reason 7 day trading is happpening is pure misguided greed on behalf of the giant retail chains who think they will make more profit , simple answer is they dont , the amount of money a person has available for spending is the same wether its over a six day or seven day trading week . In order for the local supermarket to make money by trading 7 days is to put the prices up to cover the cost of openeng up the business , paying staff , heat, light etc.
And no way can I agree with your statement that some parents actually like working on Sundays because it saves them money , I'm sure any responsible parent given the option would want to spend quality family time together as a unit .

Last edited by steeljack; 22-06-2008 at 23:47. Reason: spelling error
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote