Thread: Property crash.
View Single Post
Old 25-06-2008, 12:05   #20
entwisi
God Member

Re: Property crash.

Now I'm on the house owning side of the fence,

We have been lucky in that we bought at the 'right' time but I would counter that with the fact that we wouldn't have moved if the house we live in now cost what it did now. Managed correctly houses can be another form of investment ( buy when low, sell when high) and can provide an alternative means of pension when you inevitably hit that period when all the kids have gone etc. You also get the pleasure of living in a nice house in maybe a better area, how much is it worth for that peace of mind?

People who mortgage themselve up to the hilt (often without realising that it also costs money to live and enjoy life) are the ones who will suffer along with as Rindy etc mentioned those who 'have' to sell for one reason or another. All you can do against that is ensure that you go in with eyes wide open having done all your research properly ( can I afford it if interest rates go up 3%, what happens if I'm off work for 6 months, would I be happy paying X when teh house is only worth 3/4 of what I paid etc)

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote