View Single Post
Old 27-06-2008, 16:59   #46
jambutty
Apprentice Geriatric

Exclamation Re: The Price Of Oil !

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullseyebarb View Post
On the contrary. I am contributing to the economy of my country. Utilizing airlines, rental car companies, hotels, restaurants and shops, etc., helps to ensure that my fellow Americans maintain full employment.

So, which irks you the most......my having the freedom and means to travel at will or that I relish the fact?

It is worth noting that no matter when or where I travel, I sure do run into a lot of Brits - all of whom are having a whale of a time. Quite in keeping with the concept of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. Perhaps you should reserve a little of your ill-conceived contempt for them. After all, how dare any of us spend our money in ways that do not earn the jambutty seal of approval.
Absolute codswallop.

You admit that you don’t give a fig for your carbon footprint just as long as you can continue your life style as you want and excuse it by saying that you are helping to maintain American’s full employment. And this in the full knowledge that there are millions around the world starving because their crops won’t grow because of changed weather patterns, which in all probability are cause by excess CO2 in the atmosphere.

In spite of your puerile denials and protestations that is being utterly selfish.