View Single Post
Old 27-06-2008, 19:40   #52
Eric
God Member

Re: The Price Of Oil !

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
disagree,the saddos are those who think individual effort will make a jot of differance, when governments get off the pot n become really serious then we will perhaps see a differance. then i will take things more seriously.
Have to disagree with you on this one. If we sit on our duffs waiting for government to do something then it will be too late. Govts in general don't give a rat's ass about anything but getting elected. And if being green will do this then they will be greener than Kermit. If enough individuals get green, then the pressure will be on govt to act .... if "green" means votes then they will act. And it's not really govt that got us into this mess; it is us ... we wasted the gas when it was cheap. My first car, when I came to Canada was a '69 Dodge Charger, 383 magnum, with a six pack, headers and racing cams. I could pass anything on the road but a gas station .... but with gas at 45 cents a gallon, who gave a damn. In our next general election ... and with a minority govt, this could happen at any time ... the two major issues will be, getting our young men and women out of the mess in Afghanistan (85 killed in action so far, and god knows how many mangled physically and mentally), and getting serious about the environment. Our present PM is parroting GW's bs, I don't think he is going to take his head from out of his rear end long enough to look around and see that Canadians are getting tired of his "don't give a damn about the environment" attitude. We have already destroyed one political party for getting too cozy with the US. And we can do it again
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote