View Single Post
Old 28-06-2008, 17:26   #55
Eric
God Member

Re: The Price Of Oil !

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
know what yer saying eric, but do you honestly think governments of nations like china, india, etc will do anything to save the planet? they don't even give a rats about their own people, me n you n uncle tom cobbley doin our bit,will not make a jot of differance cos money does not take notice of oiks.
I think that you are looking in the wrong direction for problems. I believe that the Chinese are aware of the problems of global warming and industrial pollution, and so are the Indians. In both countries, there is a level of political, and technological sophistication that we don't take into account in the West. If you look west you will see the US, with a President who can't spell enviormnt, let alone understand the imlplications of global warming, who consume an outrageous amount of the world's resources.... and there are the greedy, arrogant gun toting gasguzzling idiots who live in certain areas of that country .... which by the way decided not to sign on to Kyoto, like the conservative govt in my country. There are people in power in Canada who see the disappearance of the Arctic summer ice, not as an ecological disaster, but as an opportunity to exploit the mineral wealth in the area for chrissake I also don't by the argument that it is the emerging economic powers who are to blame for the mess that we in the west have made of the planet.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote