View Single Post
Old 03-07-2008, 14:10   #39
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: Should kids go to jail?

Yes, Jambutty....that would keep the youths out of mischief......there was enough physical stuff in that day to make sure they were well and truly tired.

Nori, as for being bored, I don't subscribe to that argument at all......there are plenty of things to do if they want to put their minds to it.....there are organisations that can be joined(ok, so the young folk of today may not find it 'cool' to join the boys Brigade, ST John's, Scouts Guides, sea Cadets) sports facilities to be enjoyed...and as for money to do these things...well, they seem to be able to find the dosh for smokes/dope and alcopops/lager/cider etc...they can use the money for something else instead.

No the real problem is that they think they can get away with feral behaviour because society gives them so many mixed messages - they can have what they like, there are no consequences for any of their actions....and worst of all there are no boundaries.
They need to be taught respect for adults.....and yes, I do know that respect is a two way street.......but I respect the youngsters who show me respect......I have lived longer, experienced more of life and it's hardships and pitfalls.......I don't need to hear bad language...it isn't big, grown up, or clever.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote