View Single Post
Old 04-07-2008, 18:35   #125
jambutty
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Don't bug me teacher, eating me breakfast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
We only have the proprietors word for what went on in regard to the teachers attitude...so I think it is hard to judge whether or not she was spitting fire and brimstone.
After all the story would not have been anywhere near as sensational(if you can call it that, but obviously, by Observer terms it was)if the report had stated that the teacher walked in and calmly frog-marched the offending pupils back to school.......the proprietors report is subjective......and worded to give best publicity. Stunt seems to have had the desired effect.

And Jambutty, it seems that most parents these days do have mobile phones, though we cannot say all......a text message is sent and logged......and if there is no response then a call is made to a landline number...if one is available.
I am sure that most parents do have a mobile phone but if they are at work the chances are that it has to be switched off. I also know plenty of people who have dumped their landline as an economy measure because they have a mobile phone each and the kids.

But you are all skirting round the real issue here. And that is that it was reported that a teacher barged angrily into a butty shop close to the school and demanded that the pupils from that school who were being served, depart for the school immediately.

Whether the report was accurate or not is not the issue, nor I would add is the issue of whether the shopkeeper should be serving pupils of a nearby school after the time that they should be in that school.

That teacher overstepped his/her authority as well as setting a bad example to those pupils and that teacher should be censured for doing so. Some correspondents agree with that view and some do not and ne’r the twain shall meet.

I’m off to toast three crumpets liberally spread with best butter and Lemon Curd.