View Single Post
Old 04-07-2008, 18:49   #126
WillowTheWhisp
Resident Waffler

Re: Don't bug me teacher, eating me breakfast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post

But you are all skirting round the real issue here. And that is that it was reported that a teacher barged angrily into a butty shop close to the school and demanded that the pupils from that school who were being served, depart for the school immediately.
Reported by someone with an axe to grind and written about by someone who wasn't actually there - and we are not skirting round that. The reporting left a lot to be desired as has been said by more than one person here.
Quote:

Whether the report was accurate or not is not the issue, nor I would add is the issue of whether the shopkeeper should be serving pupils of a nearby school after the time that they should be in that school.
Of course the accuracy of the report is relevant. Everything else hangs on whether or not the report was accurate. If the teacher calmly walked into the shop and informed the pupils they were late for school and told them to hurry up and get there that is a world away from ranting and raving at them.
Quote:

That teacher overstepped his/her authority as well as setting a bad example to those pupils and that teacher should be censured for doing so. Some correspondents agree with that view and some do not and ne’r the twain shall meet.

No, the teacher did not overstep his/her authority. And as for setting a bad example I am totally gobsmacked at that. How can getting the pupils to school where they ought to be be considered setting a bad example? Is it setting a good example to encourage them to play truant?

Enjoy your crumpets.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote