View Single Post
Old 04-07-2008, 18:58   #127
hedman2003

Re: Don't bug me teacher, eating me breakfast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post
I am sure that most parents do have a mobile phone but if they are at work the chances are that it has to be switched off. I also know plenty of people who have dumped their landline as an economy measure because they have a mobile phone each and the kids.

But you are all skirting round the real issue here. And that is that it was reported that a teacher barged angrily into a butty shop close to the school and demanded that the pupils from that school who were being served, depart for the school immediately.

Whether the report was accurate or not is not the issue, nor I would add is the issue of whether the shopkeeper should be serving pupils of a nearby school after the time that they should be in that school.

That teacher overstepped his/her authority as well as setting a bad example to those pupils and that teacher should be censured for doing so. Some correspondents agree with that view and some do not and ne’r the twain shall meet.

I’m off to toast three crumpets liberally spread with best butter and Lemon Curd.

I hope this is tongue in cheek otherwise I couldn't disagree with you more, the Teacher had some passion and it's a shame the pupils didn't have the same drive and determination to get into school.

How should she have addressed the pupils "excuse me ladies and gentlemen I'm sorry to dirupt your breakfast time but would you mind at your convienience coming into the centre of learning as all your friends and teachers are waiting for you." Oh and thank you mrs Shopkeeper for looking after our wonderful disciplined pupils in your eatery."

The Teacher should be commended it's a shame there aren'y more people in our communities who know the difference between right and wrong
hedman2003 is offline   Reply With Quote