View Single Post
Old 04-07-2008, 19:18   #130
jambutty
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Don't bug me teacher, eating me breakfast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
Reported by someone with an axe to grind and written about by someone who wasn't actually there - and we are not skirting round that. The reporting left a lot to be desired as has been said by more than one person here.Of course the accuracy of the report is relevant. Everything else hangs on whether or not the report was accurate. If the teacher calmly walked into the shop and informed the pupils they were late for school and told them to hurry up and get there that is a world away from ranting and raving at them.

No, the teacher did not overstep his/her authority. And as for setting a bad example I am totally gobsmacked at that. How can getting the pupils to school where they ought to be be considered setting a bad example? Is it setting a good example to encourage them to play truant?

Enjoy your crumpets.
I don’t know about anyone else but I can only comment on what I read and don’t bring issues into it that cannot be confirmed.

Can you establish that someone had an axe to grind and who was it? How do you know that the reporting left a lot to be desired? Just because more than one person said so, does that make it true? Were you there and privy to what actually happened? I think that 4 “noes” are due there.

Precisely and you and others are just assuming that it was not and not accepting it at face value.But that is a supposition of what should have happened and is tantamount to agreeing that the real event was wrong.

The teacher’s bad example was trying to bully the pupils into leaving the shop and going to school. In effect the teacher was saying, “If you shout and demand you will get.”

An irrelevant statement.

The crumpets were delicious thank you. The only problem was the melted butter dribbling down the front of the chin.