View Single Post
Old 04-07-2008, 19:41   #138
Neil
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Re: Don't bug me teacher, eating me breakfast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post
A teacher who angrily barged into a butty shop during school hours demanding that the pupils leave and head for school for a start, plus everyone trying to defend the teacher’s action. That teacher should have been in school doing his/her job.
Has anyone bothered to ask that teacher why she was there? I thought Rhyddings have been having a purge on this sort of thing at the moment so maybe it was her job to find the kids in the schools care who were missing.

We went to our sons induction day last night, he moves to secondary school ( yes I am old ) in september.

One thing they said was that all childen not registered in the morning are followed up. This is where the text messages and/or phone calls home in. This is for a couple or reasons - kids skiving and also in case the child has had an accident on the way to school. I think the schools are more responsible than they used to be on this point. When you send your 11 year olds to school on the bus you know they are there safely if you have not been contacted. They even do the same on occasion if the child has a letter just in case the child wrote it or got a friend to phone in ( yes it does happen )