View Single Post
Old 07-07-2008, 14:05   #78
Less
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: you will pray to Allah

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
I have no authority over the missionaries so I can't instruct them to do or not to do anything.

If you tell them specifically that you do not want any missionaries ever to call at your door again then they should make a note of that and pass it on.

If you were to question our church members about how they came to be members of the church you'll find a large percentage of them will tell you it is because the missionaries called at their home one day. Those people are glad that they did.

If you don't want to know then just tell them that. No-one will ever try to force anyone to join our church. That would be pointless. It has to be because people want it.

I've had Jehovah's Witnesses call here and I have no intention of ever becoming one but we've had some very long and interesting discussions and agreed to disagree without any animosity.
So to cut through the bull, you support a Church in which you have no authority to influence their views? (normal religion so far).

If I tell them,(at first politely) not to call again, they will give me a cock and bull story of having to call again in case I have moved and someone else is here.

I do believe you all call with sincere hopes but the people you prey upon, (no spelling mistake), are the aged and the vulnerable, desperate for help and assistance NOT spiritual guidance.

If you truly believe in live and let live and that your God is a supreme being, you will realise that he has better plans for me, he might convert me in a blinding flash, he may be using me as an instrument of the Devil! But whatever this guy is doing have patience , he is your God he knows what he is up to and doesn't want me bothered by you or yours at the moment.

Oh, and while we are at it leave other folk to at least get a chance to explain their views, (even Muslims), without fearing for your daughters soul's.

So far as Jehovah's Witnesses, they get the same short shrift from me as your lot, but I think it shows a very poor argument on your behalf to try and shift the focus elsewhere, why not try to blame the Jews for something as well? A smoke screen isn't something you can hide behind for ever.

You have made it obvious in all your posts that like me you are not willing to change your views but at least I won't interfere with you or anyone else if left alone, that, is live and let live.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote