View Single Post
Old 07-07-2008, 16:18   #86
WillowTheWhisp
Resident Waffler

Re: you will pray to Allah

I agree with you up to that point West Ender. If the kids hadn't ended up getting detention I don't think there'd have been any story at all.

Katex may well be right though, the detention could have been for an attitude problem in the way they responded to the teacher rather than for not wanting to do something which they felt was contrary to their own beliefs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Haven't missed a word, read each one with a sense of bewilderment, the views of all religious zealots fascinate me, don't get me wrong I know in your heart of hearts you believe all you say and mean well, but by heck lass you're not coming across with a great deal of what I would call Christian values.

Please can you explain to me what you consider to be unChristian about my values, bearing in mind that I always eagerly want to know what other people's beliefs are and would always defend their right to have those beliefs? In fact I've recently asked a Pagan lady to explain her beliefs and practices to me, not with the intent of decrying them but in a bid to better understand her as we seem to have such a lot in common. All I ask is that no-one (child or adult of any religion or none) should be forced to participate against their will in any (other) religion if they feel uncomfortable about doing so. I'm sorry but I can't understand what is unChristian about that.

One of the Articles of Faith of our Church states;
" We claim the privilege if worshipping Almighty God according to the dictates of our own conscience and allow all men the same privilege, let them worship how, where, or what they may." I stand 100% behind that statement.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote