View Single Post
Old 07-07-2008, 18:16   #98
jambutty
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: you will pray to Allah

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Still would view this as play acting ... just the physical side of worship to show how it is done, and have no objection if it were a child of mine. Most kids of 11/12 years would just giggle when doing something foreign to them as this. It's what is in your heart whilst doing it, not just getting on your knees and facing Mecca.

Can always cross your fingers behind your back Willow...

I go to church weddings, etc., and although I have no religious feelings, will bow my head, even recite The Lord's Prayer in respect for the main players. What I am probably thinking at the time is what I will organise for my tea the next day, etc.
Sorry katex but kids are like sponges. They will soak up what is shown or told to them even if they or their parents don’t realise it from a very early age. That's how they learn.

I never did Latin at school but I can remember the words to Adeste Fidelis and the Hail Mary and Our Father in Latin. I can still remember parts of the mass in Latin and I was never an alter boy. Why because it was drilled into me whilst still very young and I consider that I was brain washed starting at a very young age.

It was only when I started at the Ossy Tech that I was able to start to throw off the shackles of religious indoctrination and finally managed after I joined the navy. Even in the intervening years as a scout with the Loyola Troop based at the Sacred Heart church in Accrington the Catholicism was reinforced. It was all the religious mumbo jumbo that saw me leave the scouts and join the Air Training Corps.

Get the kids young enough or plant a seed and there is a good chance you have them for life or at least until they wise up.

Do the teachers make the kids re-enact Marco Polo’s adventures in the Far East?