View Single Post
Old 07-07-2008, 18:22   #99
katex
Resting in Peace

Re: you will pray to Allah

My two children and my grandaughter attended what I would describe as Christian schools, grandaughter attending a Catholic college in Leeds.

Son took Religious Education at G.C.S.E. level, and grandaughter just done her A-level in this subject.

They are all atheists (not my doing .. have made their own minds up), neverless, enjoyed this subject tremendously. Not what it used to be, covers all angles of religion and how it affects people's lifes, socially, geographically, movement of people, historically, affects on the world (yes, wars, etc) and how they relate to their fellow human beings.

This has been helpful to my son who followed a Planning career, and grandaughter who seems to be interested in Psychology/Politics ..

I think by looking at all aspects of people's 'grouping' in the world of beliefs, has given them a better understanding in readiness for future employment. I believe that by participating in all aspects of this subject it has given them more tolerance to those that are prejudice to other people's beliefs.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote