Thread: 11 Plus
View Single Post
Old 07-07-2008, 18:52   #80
jambutty
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: 11 Plus

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Oh you must be a paranoid soul. I stated that your remark was incorrect and generalised - nothing more. How you construed that as a 'dig' at you is a mystery.

Possibly. Or, my actual being in the youth of today and you being incredibly out of touch with the said youth may lead to believe that I'm much more qualified to make assertions about my generation.

Stop being a cranky old fool sir. It doesn't suit you.
Then remain mystified or better still brush up on your understanding of the English language.

I have 4 children (all adults now), 11 grandchildren some still at school (thus they are the youth of today) and 5 great grandchildren who also qualify as the youth of today even if the oldest is only 7.

And to boot I live right across the road from a high school where I cannot help but observe the youth of today from time to time as they arrive at and leave from the school each day. Plus their dinner time antics.

Regarding your final sentence, my remark of the day fits in quite nicely. “It takes one to know one.”