Thread: New Tesco Store
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2008, 21:31   #120
g jones
Senior Member+

Re: New Tesco Store

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
I agree Bernie, it would make sense for multiple entrances, hopefully these are details that aren't yet set in stone.
Personally I am and was always 'for' it as I'm one of those who currently goes out of town to shop ( I absolutely HATE the car park layout at ASDA to teh point that i don't want to shop there). I also believe that it is a chance for teh town centre to get some oomph back. Once people are going into town for whatever reason its then up to the shops and market to make it an enjoyable experience to shop there.

Graham, not sure if this is something teh council could or should get involved with but IMHO some form of 'supermarket trolley' that can be used round the whole of town would be a cracking idea. The only bad part of shopping on the market and in town is that you end up lugging half a hundredweight of veg etc round with you. If we turned the whole of the 'market town' into a true 'Supermarket' with trolley zones by the car parks etc I reckon more peole would be willing to shop at the small stores. ake them "£1" deposit ones or whatever I'd still use one.
I am confused now Enti! Did we have this conversatiion a year ago????

I have been advocating a change in how we shop including the 'TC trolley' for a while. That includes suitable flooring, suitable locations, co-operation, anti-chav measures (like a £2 coin slot) or £5 deposit at a kiosk.

I also thought a TC 'trolley bus' may be a good idea. I like in San Fran how you hop on and off over a short space. A roof on Broadway for obvious reasons may promote that idea though a town full of colliding trolleys might put some people off. Designer trolleys?? Trolley zones???
g jones is offline   Reply With Quote