View Single Post
Old 09-07-2008, 23:23   #41
harwood red
God Member

Re: Hyndburn council's Accrington cash office closing

I pay all my bills Direct debit too and never had a problem but wouldn't suggest that there never can be..

what I don't understand is why people feel this is so bad... most people who use the cash office have complained about the longs queues and mistakes made at this office...!!

The issue regarding wanting to pay in cash still hasn't changed, in fact it is more convenient by using a payment card and pay at your local shop or any other payzone outlet which there are loads of all over the borough.. just make sure you keep the receipts which you would do if you were paying at the town hall!

We (twin valley) in Blackburn are just in the process of advising our tenants that we are phasing this option out to pay rent (don't know whether it will be for council tax though), but there are several ways in which they can pay... and yes it is a money saving exercise on our behalf but has only come to fruition when we felt there were enough options to pay other ways and with discussions with tenants on preference of ways they like to pay.

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote