View Single Post
Old 10-07-2008, 17:01   #421
shakermaker
God Member

Re: Don't bug me teacher, eating me breakfast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutty Butty lady
" How rude some people are. When i rang the observer i never once thought about my profits. when i confronted this teacher about her actions she was very rude towards myself and other people in my cafe. we were all disgusted at the way these YOUNG ADULTS were being spoken too. Like i said to the teacher there was no need to be screaming at these school kids on the street like she did. she made a fool of her self as you can imagine how busy the area is at 8:45. These school kids would have been just a few minutes late but when they got to school they were locked out making them nearly half an hour late. were is the sense. i understand lateness is a problem in schools and always will be unfortunately. when i spoke to Mr Burke all he said was that letters would be sent home to late children. A letter does nothing these days. my 4 year old son speaks to people with respect. Its just a shame teachers cant let alone a senior teacher. Every one is so quick to call school kids of today. I simply wanted to make people understand that its not always the parents fault. My point was if you give young adults respect then they will learn how to show it. When the school used to let the last years out at dinner it gave them a sense of maturity and something to look forward to in your last year. Now in my eyes they are locked away like animals. some may not agree but thats my view and im sure the school kids would agree. like i said i didnt once think about my profits, just about sticking up for the local school kids for a change. "
stacey everett, oswaldtwistle
9/07/2008 at 17:35
From the view of a young person who left high school just three years ago, her views are entirely correct. She should be commended for speaking out about the teacher's actions. Hopefully it will make people who demand a 'fight fire with fire' approach to tardiness a little wiser, or looking at this thread perhaps it won't.
Displaying anger towards young people only breeds more of the same. It can't achieve anything. What may see a positive effect is an attempt to raise educational standards. Raise them to a level where pupils actually want to be in school on time every morning, or at least see the value of punctuality before they break the rules. I think that's what a lot of people are missing here - modern high school pupils are losing the value of punctuality and polite behaviour etc, rather than intentionally and consistently going against these values and breaking the rules. You can't be dismissing morals and values if you aren't given any to follow in the first place. It's not the pupil's fault that the education system in this country is failing them completely. Children spend the most of their time in education and the goverment are only concerned with making them exam passing machines for these wonderful (urgh) 'targets' they set, rather than bringing up PEOPLE.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web