View Single Post
Old 11-07-2008, 10:39   #462
blazey
God Member

Re: Don't bug me teacher, eating me breakfast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashytart View Post
blazey you are either for rules or against them, if rules are in place then you and everyone else should stick by them, you want your girls to stick by them then so should the school children dont you think?
I want them too, but I can't make decisions for them. Part of growing up is learning to make your own decisions in life.

Even if they didn't follow the rules, they're all bright girls and they've been working hard. If you have read my blog post about them you will see that they even asked about uni just before bed and stayed chatting to me about that instead of chatting before bed, and I think it's nice that these girls have come willingly on this course during the holidays and are playing by my rules.

Why can I get respect off them but their teachers cant? I'M obviously not the one who has the wrong idea am I? Otherwise I'd have had to stay up all night making sure they didn't go out for cigarettes or going to the lads' blocks and the likes.

I didn't have to enforce my rules, I simply told them that there were consequences if they broke them, and said I play fair if they play fair, that's all I had to tell them.

There are some girls from Rhyddings on this course and I was told they went to bed on time too with no problems. If 19 - 25yr olds (respectively) can get respect out of these 14/15 yr olds, I don't see why a teacher cant. Something makes me think they just aren't trying to understand their students' individual needs and are too busy trying to churn out GCSE's, and it simply doesn't work that way unfortunately.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote