View Single Post
Old 11-07-2008, 10:51   #465
blazey
God Member

Re: Don't bug me teacher, eating me breakfast.

Flashy, if the teacher laid down the rules correctly at the beginning then the students wouldn't be disrespecting them. They certainly didn't respect her enforcement of the rules did they?

What I am saying is, you can't just be firm when you are lawing down the law, it has to be fair as well, and this goes for any type of law, be it in school, employment or the general law itself. If laws are unfair, we rebel and it leads to revolution.

There comes a time in life when you are expected to make your own decisions. It hasn't hurt me to do so, and I'm putting into practice the lessons I learned from my own rebellion. OK I don't intend on revolutionising the system, because some people do work well by playing strictly by the rules, but some students want flexibility, and lots of those students go on to do just as good things as those who never broke a rule in their life.

The girls in my flat have broken rules at school to some extent, whether its talking in class to being aggressive and disruptive. I have girls from two schools and their norms at schools are different to each others. Here I have laid down one rule, and that is to accept what we ask of them or face consequences. That's all I have said to them. They need to ACHIEVE here, that's all they need to do. They're told what they need to do to achieve that, such as turning up on time in the right place with all their things and listening to the student ambassadors. They're told that if they don't, they will either be asked to leave in the most extreme circumstances or they will simply be letting themselves down and wasting part of their summer.

I am not 14 anymore, I am not saying I still break the rules, though I do break some still. I'd like to think they are decent enough human beings to respect me as their equal and they should expect that back from me. If I couldn't respect them I wouldn't have taken the job.

That's my last word on the matter because I have to go tend to some things, but my methods work for me, and the teacher's methods haven't worked for her, so I think if anyone should be questioning their ways of doing things it's her, not me.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote