View Single Post
Old 13-07-2008, 17:54   #480
blazey
God Member

Re: Don't bug me teacher, eating me breakfast.

Did you not listen cashy, there are straight A students on the course who ARE well behaved. It's just students from underprivileged areas.

Rhyddings students were here, and there is a course tomorrow for a few days of entirely lancashire students. It's a mix of students depending on who the schools chose to send on the courses. Lancaster doesn't pick, it just offers the service.

Unfortunately high schools don't seem to believe in equal opportunities, and primary schools are beginning to act similarly towards different types of students. Lancaster hasn't discriminated against anyone on this course, every one was treated exactly the same, followed the same rules and therefore they acted the same.

Schools however do things differently, and that's not a problem the university can fix unfortunately. There were allsorts of students on this course though. The only thing that they all had in common really was that they all had the ability to achieve great things at uni if guided properly.

This course isn't called Motiv8 for nothing. The other course is called Inspire, and the others have similar names too. I don't understand how people can't see the benefits to these kids but I guess you'd have to be here or have your own kids on it to see it.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote