View Single Post
Old 14-07-2008, 11:37   #77
andrewb
God Member

Re: David Davis wins by-election

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Well, after asking in the pub last night and at work this morning, I have yet to find anybody who is supportive of David Davis and is concerned about suspected terrorists being locked up for 42 days rather than 28 (comments ranged from "I've more things to worry about" to "I'd lock 'em up for longer.").

So where are all these people from Cyfr's polls?...have you come across them anywhere?
Yes, I have come across many while canvassing. I have been at the receiving end of thousands and thousands of e-mails, letters and phone calls in support. I have seen the huge amounts of money being donated from people who are not all Conservative party members, but believe that the state is becoming ever more authoritarian.

I don't suppose you're informing people that half are innocent and the increase from 28-42 days is not needed to name a couple of the arguments. The 'I'd lock them up for longer' - Why would you want to lock innocent people up for longer? If they are actually terrorists then yes, lock them up and throw away the key! But this legislation is NOT doing that.