View Single Post
Old 14-07-2008, 22:30   #34
Royboy39
God Member

Re: Thatcher to get State funeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi View Post
At teh time I didn't agree with her policies but I admire teh fact that she stood up for this country and her beliefs rather than turning turtle at the first sign of trouble that teh Labour gov have done ever since.

yep, give teh old girl a send off.
I remember in 1958 in the Brittania Club in Singapore which is opposite the Raffles Hotel, some American GI's made a reference to our Sovereign Lady, The Queen, To use their words would be a 'Good lay'.
That was an insult to our Queen and the servicemen who were serving in the theatre at the time.
If an American comments on the ways that the ordinary Brit spends his life or selects his politics, it goes against the grain and we will retaliate.
I have never seen Americans back out of a situation so fast when the British Servicemen threw each and everyone of the GI'S in the swimming pool with a warning that if they came out of the drink with the same opinion, god help them.
Our Politics are different from our 'Friends' from over the pond and I would say to them: Kiss my Arse Uncle Sam.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote