View Single Post
Old 17-07-2008, 17:04   #134
jaysay
Resting in Peace

Re: Detention without charge poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boeing Guy View Post
Not sure where I stand on this issue, I have no time for our government, however I also have very little time for Cameron, watch out Andrew, I have always voted Blue before, but now not so sure.

This whole detention without trial concerns me, the pilot part of me, the one that worries about being blown up, hijacked or killed trying to stop some nutter flying in to the Nat west tower says lock em up for ever. However the rational side of me realises that the true threat, will never ever show up on radar, until its too late.
So what have you achived, you alienate a group of people in our society and make them moe inclined to attack us. Not reeally 'Hearts and minds' now is it?
I can agree with a lot of what our say BG, but the reason I was against this 42 day issue is that we have not had to release anybody without charge under the 28 day rule so why change it. And we also have to realise that the way our judiciary work, they let terror suspects out on the streets under the human rights act anyway, its only a few weeks ago that Bin ladens man in europe was let out on 24 hours curfew with leg monitor and then was seen and photographed walking down a London Street doing a bit of shopping, as you do