View Single Post
Old 17-07-2008, 22:09   #34
Eric
God Member

Re: End Of Term School Parties

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
yep it is just a money grab, like halloween, imported from the yanks, nowt to do wi them though, just the money grabbing, get rich quick artists that latch on to these "NEW" ways.
The halloween thing did strike me as a little odd. When I lived over there ... admittedly, it's a long time ago: we still had our milk and coal delivered by horse and wagon .... I can't remember doing too much on halloween, and attending All Saint's, I think I should have noticed. I remember bonfire night (which has probably been replaced by something safe, that doesn't offend Catholics) ... but halloween, can't really say I remember it as anything special.

But we do have proms, which helps out guys like my friend Donny, who has limos ... and the restaurants etc. It's a big money grab; but what the hell, everyone gets laid and drunk, and, hopefully everyone gets home safe and sound.

On the other hand, it is an important event for the young people, many of whom will be leaving for University in far away places .... (except in England which is too small to have faraway places) .... some friedships which have lasted thro' elementary and high school will come to an end, or at least not be as close any more.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote