View Single Post
Old 26-07-2008, 14:05   #31
jambutty
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Lunacy, Absolute Lunacy.

The only rubbish is your post Mancie.

There is plenty wrong with booze. Anything that interferes with clear thought cannot be good and that is what booze does.

Hundreds of innocent people are killed on the roads each year because of alcohol influenced drivers. Tens of thousands of wives, girl friends and children are physically abused because of alcohol. How many tobacco users kill others on the roads? How many tobacco users physically abuse wives, girl friends and children? I’m sure that there must be some recorded cases somewhere, but I have never heard of one.

Nowhere have I ever stated that booze should be banned. I have, however, stated that the sale of alcohol and consumption should be more rigorously controlled.

And it is a fact that alcohol related accidents and injuries cost the NHS a fortune, more so nowadays than tobacco ever did.

When was the last time that you heard of a smoker abusing a nurse at A & E? Compare that to the last time that a nurse was harangued or even attacked by a drunken slob. What about yesterday late evening? Ask any nurse and you will be told that abuse from drunks is out of hand.