View Single Post
Old 31-07-2008, 08:18   #36
cashman
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Have you ever thought of selling up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin Monkey View Post

the weather - not much different to how it's always been in the UK and many people see having proper seasons as a good thing.
crime - according to official sources, crime is actually falling fast in the UK. Recent figures published for Lancashire showed crime was down by 15%.
the "credit crunch" - is a global issue and not localised to the UK
highest taxes in Europe - but yet standards of living in the UK are higher now than they've ever been, with morbidity and infant mortality rates at all time lows. It can't all be bad.
Society going to the dogs - debatable. And again I don't believe that alot of the so-called anti-social issues are confined to the UK.
Gordon Brown - is an elected official and can be 'unelected' just as quickly. That's democracy.
disagree with much of that T.M. (Weather) think its much differant we had proper seasons, sledging etc every winter, proper summers.etc, (Crime) ya can prove owt wi figures, whilst i agree crime is falling, Violent Crime is on the increase, with the officials seem to omit. (credit crunch) agree that is global no question. (Highest Taxes) things are better now in all Europe,but we are obviously over taxed n the fact things are improved does not balance that.(society going to dogs) that to me is without question, having lived abroad fer nearly 3 yrs. (gordon brown) yes can be unelected, but whoever replaces him will be no better from any party. this aint n argument, its just my opinion.