View Single Post
Old 31-07-2008, 16:16   #37
polly

Re: Have you ever thought of selling up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by West Ender View Post
I had thoughts about moving to Malta but my daughter and granddaughter moved in with me, due to circumstances they couldn't control. I couldn't sell up and make them homeless as there was no way my daughter could afford to buy a house here and all the council houses in the village were sold off 20 years ago. They would have had to move to one of the grotty estates in Warrington (and, believe me, they are rough) and I couldn't do that to Laura. I tried to persuade my daughter to move out there with me but she's not keen; crazy - Laura would have a 1st class education (Maltese schools are very, very good), the climate is beneficial and life is less complicated and virtually crime-free.

I console myself with twice yearly visits and, if Ernie ever smiles on me (he flaming well should, he's been sitting on my investment for years and not a sniff of a win) or the Lottery pays out, I will buy a nice flat overlooking the sea at Mellieha and go for 6 months every year.
Totally agree with you. Malta is certainly on my list of possibilities. The crime rates are soooooo low, the people friendly the weather good and even. You are right about the education standards and people still look after their children. added to all that Malta introduced No Smoking laws long before we did.
polly is offline   Reply With Quote