View Single Post
Old 03-08-2008, 23:35   #4
Sparkologist
I am Band

Thumbs up Re: Worsley Cup Final

Well done Accy, winning the Worsley Cup with a record score. It was a comprehensive victory, where everyone played their part; our first Pot in 22 years.

After a few dodgy opening overs, where Matt Wilson and then Paul Carroll both went cheaply, Accy consolidated and steadied the ship. With 10 overs gone, we were 27-2.
The score moved on to 41 when the third wicket fell; Sneds was not a happy chappy when the umpire's finger went up. A dodgy decision, methinks. Stuart Crabtree & our paid man, Royston Silva, pushed the score on to 91, when Crabby was caught on the boundary edge, well on his way to a half century, and a collection...
Enter Graham Lloyd. Graham & Roy took the game to the Todmorden bowlers, compiling a stand of 119 runs. There was no hiding place for the opposition bowlers, especially the Tod Captain, Jon Henderson, who was milked from his first over. Graham Lloyd made 59 & Roy Silva went on to make 111 before being clean bowled by Andy Sutcliffe of Todmorden.
Clean hitting from Toby Bulcock & Zed Afzal pushed Accy's score to a record 290-6 from 50 overs.

With such a high score to defend, the final result was almost a foregone conclusion, but the Tod openers, Simon Newbitt & Ben Sutcliffe, had other ideas, putting together a century opening stand.
A superb spell of spin bowling from Paul Carroll & man of the match, Toby Bulcock, ripped the heart out of the Todmorden middle order. The runs were never scored at the required rate and the end was soon in sight.
Matt Wilson, our Bertie Backstop, took a couple of catches & a stumping. A shout also goes out to Simon Hanson, who took 3 catches in the deep; one of which he had no right to get to, but still managed to cling on to.

From Dibber Ormerod's Barmy Army, I would like to say, "Well done, Boys".
You all did your town and your very vocal following proud!

Well Done Accy!

Maybe a few photos from the game at Centre Vale will follow.

Any ramblings, meanderings, thoughts or musings are mine and mine alone. Any opinions expressed are Lettie's!

Last edited by Sparkologist; 03-08-2008 at 23:45. Reason: Because I can!
Sparkologist is offline   Reply With Quote